Thursday, June 30, 2011

By golly, I've got them stumped.

Home from another trip to Char-Austin (Gage's nickname for Charleston.)  News was not what I wanted to hear, but it's a reminder that I need to keep leaning on God, my family, and friends.  

The Pet CT showed two new growths in the opposite lung this time.  The right middle lobe seemed clear (which is the one that they were thinking of removing.) The doctors (thank goodness for their honesty) aren't sure what to do next.  We don't know what the new growths are.  They could be Abcesseus (my original diagnosis), or they could be another strand of the disease, or something entirely different.  

My doctors are going to present my case to doctors at NIH (in Washington D.C.) and National Jewish (in Colorado). Both are leading hospitals for pulmonary disease.  My first doctor (Greenville) recommended that I go to Natl. Jewish about a year ago, but being the stubborn gal I am, I didn't take his advice.  I thought certainly the great docs at MUSC could handle this one!!!  

After getting opinions/advice from NIH and Natl. Jewish, we will discuss next steps.  Surgery is still an option, but would probably be more complicated at this point.  We also discussed some other drug options.  My sweet husband brought up the fact that I'd like to get off of IV drugs (amen), and they seemed hopeful that we might be able to find some oral/inhaled drugs for long-term care if needed.  The doctors think this may be a case of maintaining now, rather than eradicating.

However, I believe in the power of our Great Physician.  God has a plan for me.  I know I say this over and over, and that's because I believe it.  Tragedy, hardships, and difficult times happen to everyone.  Though we don't like it, we do learn from it.  

Thanks for listening. 


2 comments:

  1. Love you and know that God is in control. Your sweetface is sleeping and I am so glad to be able to be close by again. GOD ID GOO. You are healed, that is what I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a total and complete healing!!

    ReplyDelete